Law System 782333565(∞); Multiverse p3514903981742(∞); Universe v579246624037500(∞); Galaxy Maelstrom; System Lucifer-Belinda; Satellites Daichi-Daiki (Time Verse dr1579751047110[~]); Continent Daichi: East Praelager ; Governmental Body None.
“I hope the destination you two chose was adequate, my Guardians. Did you make sure that switching dimensions won’t have any long lasting effects on him?” said Josh.
“We put him in a universe that is in the same multiverse and law system that he came from,” said the two.
“Good, you did well my Cherubim. Why didn’t John and Matt help you two?”
“Two was all we needed to pull off our mission. We knew Aeneas would dismiss a lot of the irregularities. We’re also going to make them do something else,” said Mark.
“So when and where exactly did you put him?” asked Josh.
“Nopraclarian Forests, during the fall season,” responded Mark.
“What are you going to do if he is about to die?”
“We’re going to have John and Matt take care of keeping an eye on him, make sure that he doesn’t get himself killed… Inconspicuously of course.”
“And what if he dies?”
“Then we chose the wrong person to test then, didn’t we?”
“Yeah, I guess Pan and Rhea would choose right. Let’s just hope he knows how to keep away from trouble. “
“So tell me again, uh, I’m sorry I forgot your name,” said Richard who was lying on the ground with his back up against a fallen log.
“The herbs I gave you sometimes give you short term memory loss. It was Kamellia.” She said as she added more wood to the campfire.
“Oh yeah! Now I remember… So, Kamellia, tell me about the human you met today.”
“I’m getting sick of telling you about him, Richard, but you should go under soon from the dose I gave you, so I might as well tell you.”
“I’m sorry, it must be the drug as you said.”
“I know, anyway, the human. Walking through the woods we ran into each other.”
“Why didn’t you hear him coming? I hear Ursin1 have great hearing.”
“Well it was very windy and this autumn wind makes it hard to tell the difference between footsteps and the leaves. So yes, when I came upon him, he just stared at me like he didn’t see an Ursin before.”
“Well your race is pretty much blurred between legend and reality.”
“We aren’t that rare, are we?”
“Sometimes people say they’ve seen an Ursin when they’ve really just seen a bear.”
“Stop leading me off track! Anyway, this human was just staring at me with this look on his face that he just saw a monster. I started to move away from him thinking that he would attack me if I stood there any longer. Then he told me to wait. He said his name was Anea or something and then asked me if I could help him.”
“That’s a strange name for a human, do you think he’s from overseas?”
“He was dressed strangely and was carrying some kind of alchemist item that he said would let him communicate with anyone who had one, themselves. A sell fone is what I think he called it.”
“It amazing how advanced those kingdoms in the west are.”
“Yes, I heard they have a weapon that could destroy cities and was as small as a marble.”
“Amazing, could you get back to your story now? You really need to stop getting distracted.” Richard grinned.
“You’re the one who got me sidetracked!”
“Just get back to the story,” said Richard as he let a out a yawn.
“Fine, where was I…? Oh yeah, he asked me to help him get home. He said he didn’t know where he was and asked if I knew where he was. I said we were in the wilds in East Praelager. He just gave me a confused look and then asked where in relation that was to the America.”
“America? It HAS to be one of those kingdoms overseas.”
“I told him I didn’t know where it was. He just gave me a confused stare again. He then asked me if I could take him to someone who knew where it was. Like I knew anyone who knew where ‘America’ was.”
“You could of just taken him to a town in West Praelager. My father knew someone who knew someone who had a brother who knew someone who was from the kingdoms.”
“I try to stay away from civilization, they always seem to bother me by either asking to cure their sick or they just plain put me in jail and make me cure their sick.”
“True… We Lupins don’t have great doctors. And us being a race that is supposed to excel at helping each other, we don’t have many doctors since most of us would rather take a higher paying profession.”
“Back to my story, I told him that I couldn’t help him, that I needed to go someone where and I was stressed on time.”
“Why’d you help me then?”
“I lied, and you would have died if I didn’t treat you. He wanted me to take him across an entire continent and into society.”
“Well did you just leave him there?”
“Yeah, I walked away and he tried to follow me. But you could say that he wasn’t that akin with the forest as I was.”
“I always heard of tales of where Ursin would escape into forests and never be seen when they hit the edge of trees. How do you guys do it?”
“It’s a trade secret, I can’t tell you.”
“O’ really?”
“Yeah… really.” Kam looked down at the fire, with her wood supply dwindling she rose up. “I’m going to go get some more fuel.” As see left into the twilight shaded woods, Richard closed his eyes. A loud boom, which sounded like an explosion, came from the direction Kam went causing him to open his eyes. She returned with a tree being dragged behind her.”
“You’re pretty strong for an Ursin, and what was that explosion?”
“There was an explosion? I didn’t hear one… It must be a side effect of the herbs.”
“Must be, I am feeling pretty light headed.”
“Yeah, you should go to sleep then.”
“Yes I should.” Richard said as he closed his eyes again. Kam was cutting the tree like butter with a red glowing sword which Richard did not see.
The wind was once again blowing through the leaves above the camp. Kamellia was sitting next to the fire, watching the flames flicker in the autumn breeze, keeping watch for bandits who would steal from camps at night, she had taken an herb tea to help her stay awake. Then she saw a light far in the forest, which seemed to cause all wind to cease which resulted in an eerie silence as the light came closer towards the camp. Kamellia stood up and saw that the source was an orb about a tree trunk in diameter glowing as bright as a sun. She quickly moved over to Richard and lifted his body, not even disturbing his sleep in the process. The orb was nearing them as Kamellia tried to move out of the orbs path, but the orb didn’t keep its course, it shifted to wherever Kam moved. Realizing that it might be Richard it was after, she laid him on the ground and moved from him. The orb did not stop pursuing her. Suddenly her legs turned num and she collapsed to the ground, up righting herself to be sitting down. She watched the orb as it gradually made its way towards her.
When orb was about a couple meters from her, it stopped with the forest still without sound. Kamellia just stared at it. The orb then slowly moved towards her and when it came into contact with her, she fainted…
“Kamellia… Kamellia… Kamellia…” whispered an unknown voice in the complete darkness that Kam was in. “Kamellia… Kamellia… Kamellia…” is once again said.
“What do you want from me!” she screamed. She then saw herself standing in a room. Everything was made out of glowing red dots which seemed to be fractions millimeters apart, but this was just an illusion as they were much closer together than that. She then saw a figure made out of a dust which seemed to consist of the same particles the room was, it was covering his face with his knees. She walked over to the sitting figure only to have it expose its face. It was that boy. Then there was complete darkness once again. Kam woke up in the spot she was when she was watching the fire. She must have just dozed off.
”So, who is he?”
“He says his name is Aeneas Cade.”
“Strange name for a human, eh?”
“Of course, but he must be from that continent across the sea. Look at his clothes!”
“It looks like it was made with that magic machinery.”
“Yeah, he was carrying a strange stone that could be flipped open on a hinge. One half of the rock has buttons with symbols on it-“
“Probably runes.”
“Most likely, and the other half has a glowing square. Fancy magic at its best, I would say.”
“So what does the boss want us to do with him?”
“Well, he said we’ll see if he can contact someone who cares about him to get a ransom for him and if that doesn’t work, we’ll sell him to slavers.”
“He won’t sell for much; he’s all bone and no meat.”
“He might be well educated though, so we could say he could act as a tutor to the slaver’s childs.”
“People don’t respect a good education round these parts anymore, eh Jack?”
“I would of loved mah pa to send me to one of those boarding schools in the west, then I wouldn’t have to be a bandit like I am today!”
“Yeah, me too Jack, me too. However this is the life we got and it’s the life we might as well have to keep.”
“John, I want to someday give up this life of preying on the weak. Maybe become a sheriff or something to repay my debts to society.”
“Jack, you know as well as I do that sheriffs in these towns usually just get shot up with arrows from bandits.”
“Yeah, but this Tauin is tougher than any of these pansy Lepins and Lupins we’ve been see’n these days.”
“Those big ear Lepins I hear are hard to kill in groups, but when they are alone they are hell easy to kill.”
“Yup.”
Jack and John stood there watching Aeneas huddled into the corner of the room with his head buried in his legs.
“So how did we catch this ‘un, John? He can’t be that darn stupid to get all the way out ‘er without skill.”
“He probably got separated from a caravan to the new settlement here. I once read a few pages of a book I looted from one town call Human vs. Wild. It said in the book that rivers usually are roads to civilization. I bet he read a book like this since he was following a river when we caught him.”
“I don’t really understand why people would read, I’d rather go hunting.”
“That’s all your people do, John, you’re a Saytan, you hunt.”
“I just love hitting the perfect mark on a stag.”
“I find it odd that you people kill your ancestors. My people wouldn’t even touch an ox.”
“Your people are just pussies, it is proven by science that we are superior than animals!”
“If science is so great, John, then can it prove those magic machines?”
“I bet it already has! Dem Westerners are smarts.”
“Nothing that strange cannot be explain than anything other than just plain magic.”
A face popped into the wood plank room, and a orange and white one at that which belonged to a Vulpan named Loquik.
“Did you guys here about what Speta saw last night?” he said.
“Yeah, she saw a light under the trees.” Said Jack.
“Does anyone know what it was?” Said John.
“Some of the other are saying that we have a shaman going through our woods, using their spirit voodoo to light their way.” Responded Loquik. “Other look outs said they saw a light under the trees the night before we got our trophy prisoner.”
“Maybe this fancy human is the shaman.” Said Jack.
“That’s not possible, Jack, we’ve had a guard watching him all last night.” Said John.
“He could of used his spirit voodoo on him, you don’t know.” Responded Jack
“Spirit Voodoo, spirit smoodoo, then how did he get past all the other sentries we have?”
“You don’t know the power of the spirits, John, I’ve heard once of shamans being able to destroy entire armies.”
“Those are just tall-“A bell was ringing in the distance, which caused everyone to look at each other.”
“We never ring the bell unless we are being attacked.” Said Loquik.
“Doesn’t matter! John and Loq, go and help defend the camp. I will watch the prisoner. My ma says I was blessed with a strong spirit. This shaman human won’t get past me.” Said Jack as the others ran out of the room.
John, Loquik, and Speta were looking over the wooden gate as other bandits readied their arrows at whatever will come. The captain came up behind them.
“What’s the meaning of this rally call, Speta. I don’t see anyone coming out of the woods.” He said.
“Well, you see captain, I saw a rustle’n in the trees coming this way. I believe it might be a shaman that’s been wandering our woods at night.”
“We’ll it better be, or else you’re being put on double night watch.”
They stood there upon the gate, watching the tree line which was about 200 yards away. They then saw a stone launched out of the trees towards the gate. The men quickly got out of its path, but the shock of the impact caused them to fall off the wall. The captain got up to his feet and watched through the shattered gate a figure appear from the tree line. The figure was that of an Ursin with rocks rotating around its body, glowing eyes, and glowing symbols across its arms. A seconds rock was shattered in mid air. The shards where then launched light a volley of arrows at the captain. His body was instantly obliterated into a mess of flesh and blood. John, Loquik, and Speta watched in horror.
The bandits which were ready to fire onto anything were now retreating in fear from Ursin who was walking towards the base. John ran to the prison house. Jack was standing inside, still watching the boy.
“We need to get out of here Jack! It’s coming!” quickly shouted John.
“What’s coming?” responded Jack.
“A shaman, I don’t know, but we have to get out of here. It just killed the captain.”
Jack looked at John, “How did it kill him?”
“You don’t want to know.” John felt the ground rumble beneath his hooves. “We need to get out of here now!”
“Fine!” yelled Jack. “But we should release the prisoner.”
“Not enough time, we need to get out.”
“We don’t want him to suffer the same fate as the captain, no one does…”
At that moment, the rumble stopped as an Ursin entered the room. Jack and John stood there staring at her. The boy still had his head on his knees.
“Don’t worry you two, I won’t kill you as long as you release this boy.” She said.
“I was going to do just that!” John said.
“No I was!” Responded Jack.
“It doesn’t matter, just someone release him!” shouted the Ursin. Jack quickly ran over to the shackles and broke them free from the boy.
“Okay, I did it, can we leave now?” Said Jack.
“I don’t like your tone. I might as well kill you, no witnesses means no retaliation.” She said.
“I’m sorry, please don’t kill us.” Quickly said John.
“I’m not going to kill you,” She paused in thought, “Well for now, at least.” The two took it for a yes and quickly ran out the door.
Kamellia looked at Aeneas who looked at her. The vision was made true. She then said, “I’ve changed my mind, I might be able to get you home.”
like the last one, mainly just grammar errors. Although, there are a LOT of races, people, etc... you might want to go into a little more detail about their differences.
ReplyDeleteI'll try to include something in the next episode on the races. The people will also be introduced eventually.
ReplyDeleteObviously since part 2 is mostly dialogue, the characters speaking already knew much of the Universe and the view point of the world will be shown to you through Aeneas.