Uorlris opened his eyes to find himself lying down upon an invisible surface within an infinite white space. He sat up checking over his body, finding no damage.
“You finally woke up,” said a voice seeming to come from every direction. “I’ve never seen a bear-man before. Where do you come from?”
A figure in the white expanse sped towards Uorlris at unfathomable speeds. As it got closer, he recognized it as a human, yet it was strange how he just stood still and also moved. The man stopped a yard away from the Uorlris who looked him over. He was of average height for a human and wore a brown hooded robe. The man’s dark brown hair was tied in a pony tail that extended about half a foot down. Opaque black glasses concealed the man’s eyes and gray tattoos of symbols, which Uorlris recognized for he wore some of the same, covered the sides of the man’s face and most likely they extended throughout his body just as Uorlris’s tattoos did. His hands were most likely folded together but Uorlris could not tell because of the robe’s sleeves. The only unsettling thing to Uorlris was that the man smiled at him like he knew something Uorlris didn’t
“I don’t remember who I am,” responded the man
“How did you travel so fast and how could I hear you when I didn’t even see you.” asked Uorlris.
“As far as I know, you were lying in front of me motionless.”
“Do you know what this place is?”
“Nope,” said the man.
“Do you know how I, or even you, got here?”
“All I can remember is that before I was here I went into a big black ball. You appeared behind, I didn’t see by what method,” said the man with a wider smile than before.
Uorlris, irritated by the man’s smiling, took hold of him by the throat. The man revealed a long knife which he stroked Uorlris’ under arm with, spilling blood which revealed the invisible surface they stood on. At the sight of his wound, Uorlris drop the man onto his hands and knees only to fall to his own knees in astonishment at his injury.
“Stunning isn’t it how alchemy doesn’t work here,” said the man looking down at the invisible ground. “And don’t be so amazed at your wound, it will vanish in a few seconds when the wave comes.”
“The wave?” said Uorlris as he stood up holding his wound and looked at the man.
“Yes the wave,” said the man standing back up.” well I just like to call it the wave. It comes every now and then and mixes things up. I only know it happens because things appear and disappear.”
“How many have there been?”
“I lost count in the sixty thousands, mostly because I got bored with counting them.” The man then noticed the pool of blood that was spreading on the ground below Uorlris’ arm. He then took the bottom of his robe and ripped off a strip about a yard long and a foot wide and then handed it to Uorlris. “Take this and tie it around your wound. I don’t want you feinting on me like last time.”
Uorlris took the makeshift bandage and grimaced as he wound it around his arm and after he was satisfied with his work he asked,” Are you saying that you met me here before?”
“Yes, multiple times, but some physical characteristics were different but your personality all the same. Once your fur was black, another you were about half your size in height, and mostly every single time you had a different name, so I stopped bothering with asking after I met you the third time.”
“How many times did you meet me?”
“I didn’t bother to count.”
The man then moved his head to look behind Uorlris. Uorlris turned around to see what he was looking at. A black dot had appeared in the white expanse and was getting closer at the same rate the man did. The dot quickly grew in a black orb
“Would that be the wave?” asked Uorlris.
“No, I haven’t seen this happen before, well at least I can’t remember this happening before. But whatever happens, it was nice meeting you again, I’ll most likely meet you again.”
The orb impacted with Uorlris, sending him once again into black abyss.
Uorlris then opened his eyes again to find him slouching in a chair at a table. He lazily looked at his arm to find it normal and then across the table to see a humanoid figure with a ball as a head that had a strange eye drawn on it. It wore a black suit and its hands, on which white gloves were worn, were resting on the table with their finger tips touching each other. Under its hands was a manila folder.
“Congratulations Uorlris of Verse-” the thing opened the folder, looked at the paper inside it and closed it. “782333565-3514903981742-579246624037500-1579751047110. You were lucky enough to forgo most of the interdimensional tests since you were qualified through-” Once again it looked opened the vanilla folder. “Purgatory. Oh how lucky that you got to sit alone in darkness for thousands of years instead of having to sit in our blank verses for infinities.” A ring dial phone popped up on the center of the table and started ringing, the thing picked it up and put it against the right side of its head. It turned to its side and leaned hunched over a bit as to prevent Uorlris from hearing who was talking. “Yes, yes. Here is hear.” It said. “Yeah I was just about to send him to you… “He paused a moment in listening. “I’m just following procedure… What are you saying I am probably confusing him?... Fine I’ll just send him to you.” He placed the phone back on the receiver which then faded out of existence. “It seems like no one told me that the boss wanted to speak with you.” He then reached under the table for something as Uorlris’ surroundings instantly changed.
Uorlris found himself lying in a grassy field with a sky of stars above him. The stars slowly moved across the night.
“Isn’t this universe amazing?” said a voice to Uorlris’ right. “Being bound by laws and forces so that matter and energy can form itself into something of substance.”
Uorlris sat up abruptly and turned himself to look at the source. The draconic humanoid he recognized before him was a guardian, or what the common man called a dragon. It was a little shorter than him, had violet eyes, black scales, and was wearing a black utility suit which had a symbol on the upper right breast. Its hands were placed on its stomach as it kept its gaze towards the stars.
The guardian the said, “Lay down Uorlris, watch the stars and I’ll explain everything that I can.” Uorlris laid back down and looked at the sky. “The place you were just at was the Primus Nexus. It is set up so that we can educate and prepare anyone traveling between dimensions by their own means and any first time travelers are sent there regardless of which dimension they went to. When you traveled through that hastily made portal on Daichi you had the destination set to a different dimension, which explains your arrival there. Of course you went directly to our blank verses when you would usually have to wait in a line to sign in. You only had to be in the blank verse for a short amount of time since someone screwed up and the person you met after the blank verse was one of our debriefers.”
“Then who-“Uorlris began to speak.
“Am I?” Finished the guardian. “I am just a humble architect of order. I’m normally formless, but I took the form of a guardian since they are our agents in the Diachi-Daiki Universe. Anyhow, I wanted to speak to you for a reason. In your home universe there are dimensional anomalies that are beginning to occur; I have come to see a work around past the nexus and another universe is trying to break its way to yours and there might be a converging of the two universes. The guardians placed you in purgatory figuring you were going to be the cause it and closed the world portals, but these weren’t the cause of the problem.”
“So I spent three thousand years of solitary for nothing?” said Uorlris with a bit irritability.
“In essence, yes, but what resulted out of it was that your mind became less secular and was then able to speak directly with your spirit. Now farewell, when you return to your universe your wrist array will be updated to have everything.”
“But how will I stop it coming?”
“You will have to find out on your own, all I know is that it is from the free will.”
No comments:
Post a Comment