Friday, January 1, 2010

Story - A Test in Progress

Characters
>Primary:
-Apprentice Jeets Cyrlain
>Secondary
-Magister John Jylaerus
>Unknown/In Process
-Shaman Tsaria of Tzaruz
-Avio Drac

Story Line
Part 1:
>Last engraving of Warp Gate by the Magister > Power Crystal fetched by Jeets > Activation of Gate > Magister's Death > Jeets' pulled into Gate > Gate closes.

Part 2:
>Jeets being revived by an Ursin Shaman > Jeets freaking out > Jeets settle down > Talk about where he is > [In Process]



"Wake up boy! Wake up!" said the magister as he shook the boy awake. "I need to show you something!"
Jeets rubbed his eyes as he sat up in his bed as he watched the magister climb down the ladder which connected the upper floor which housed the bed rooms and the middle floor. Jeets was an apprentice to the middle-aged magister, his parents sent him to the magister to get a better life by becoming a historian. However, since he had gotten here the magister had been working on a strange arch which he had been working on almost every moment the boy was awake or was away looking for books or items for the arch, but he still got some teaching out of the magister when he was taking breaks on his project.

He rose and went to the mirror and side table next to his bed. He looked into and saw the face of his fifteen year old self. He fixed his messed up hair and got out of his night gown and descended down the ladder into the large room where he spent most of his time studying books for the magister's office or writing letters to his parents or friends back home. He headed for the basement where he had been shown the arch many times by the magister. He then descended the stairs to the basement.

He found the magister standing atop a ladder looking at him as he came in.
"Perfect timing boy! I was just about the place the crystal in!" said the magister.
"What crystal?" asked the boy.
"This one." responded the magister as he reveled a glowing purple cyrtsal from his pocket. This led the boy onto many questions such as what the crystal was or where did the magister get, but he would save them for latter. "Okay, now time to activate it. Hold onto something that is attached to the wall or ground. I don't know what will happen."

The took hold of a iron support to a bookshelf attached to the opposite side of the room to the arch.
"Okay, here we go. 5... 4... 3... 2..." he then put the cytsal into the socket on the keystone of the arch, causing the blue glow to travel along lines that were connected to circles with symbols within them that Jeets hadn't noticed before. The magister jumped down off the ladder and ran to the wall left of Jeets that housed the entrance to the stairs. The cicles with the symbols in them started to spin causing sparks to be sped off of them. As the energy from the crystal started to move all the circles of the arch, jolts of electric travel in between them and increased their intensity and rate until the center of the arch was just a plane white disk.

"It works!" exclaimed the magister. "It works! Jeets, do you know what this is?"
"No." responded Jeets.
"It is a warp gate."
"What is a warp ga..." He was intereupted as the door upstairs was being pounding on until it was knocked down. The magister walked over to Jeets and quickly whispered,
"Go into the warp gate, but make sure to go through the purely white area. Do what I say, I am going to remove the crystal to hide you. I don't know where it will take you, but it is the only way one of us is going to live."
"But, magister..."
"Do it, I will reopen it. I am trying to save your life." The apprentice stared into his master's eyes and looked back to him as the magister switched his attention to the stairway and pulled out a dagger that seemed hidden and headed up the stairs. The boy walked over to the gate at looked into the bright light it made. He felt the strong energy in his arms as it made his hairs stand up. "I hope this works" he thought to himself as he took a few steps back and jumped into the pure white. His senses died and his vision went black, but he could still think...

Jeets' thoughts grew less and less frequent as he perceived to spend more and more time in the darkness. All that remained in his thoughts now was when this would be over if it was going to end.

After what seemed hours he felt a cool wind against his body, he then smelled the fresh air and the scent of fall leaves that was mixed in with it. He then tasted metal in his mouth as he moved his tongue around in attempt to extinguish the taste. He then saw a glow behind his eyelids and opened them to be staring up at a canvas of trees. he then heard slight murmurs to his right and turned to look. There were too blurry figures whose images and voices became clearer and clearer, they seemed to be talking to each other. Jeets sat up on the sack he was laying on and lookeed towards the two. One of them was a human boy near his age with dark hair and a slim body who was wearing black leather breastplates. The other was much different, being more beast than man. Its head was that of a bear and its arms and legs(and presumably body) were covered in brown fur. It wore brown leather armor and had a staff next to it. It turned to him and let out a feminine voice, "Welcome back, we were wondering if you were to ever wake up."
Jeets was taken back and was bedazzled by how such a beast could talk. He sat there looking at what he now thought to be a female. The beast talked to him once more, "Are you okay? Can you understand me?"
Jeets nodded and then she said something in a language unknown to him to the boy next to her.
"Why can you talk?" asked Jeets to the bear woman.
"Why wouldn't I be able to talk?" she responded.
"Because, you're a bear..."
"I am not a bear, silly human. I am a Ursin of the woodlands." She then turned to the boy that was next to her and some more words in the language she spoke before.
Jeets then asked her, "Where am I?"
"You're in the Gythrium Forest, nearest to the town of Olxia. Where are you from? When we found you, you were lying the forest floor knocked out."
"I am from Joansburg, Tyland."
She turned back to the boy once more and disguished something in the same language agin. "I don't think there is such a palce as Joansburh, tyland in Pangea. It sounds comepletely foreign to me and my friend her."
"Pangea? What is Pangea?"
"Pangea is the planet we live on, silly human. Maybe I messed up your brain while trying to get you out of that coma."
"I was in a coma, for how long? And what do you mean you were trying to get me out of it?"
"I was using a ritual to call upon magic..."
"Magic doesn't exist." interrupted Jeets.
"Oh, yes it does. Let me show you." She pulled out a leather bound book from a nap shack that was on the ground and flipped through its pages. "Ah, a simple spell. Now watch. I must of really messed up your brain if you can't remember what is practically everywhere." She whispered a few words and took a leaf off the ground. Unnoticeable symbols (that were similar to the ones of the warp gate) on her hands glowed and the leaf stared to burn right before his eyes. "See it does..."
"Those symbols..." He interupted again. "I've seen ones like those before."
"Yeah, there are magical runes used to cast spells. Where have you seen them?"
"On an arch..."
"An arch?" The other boy seemed uncaring for the situation, but was now listening in.
"Yes an arch, the runes were carved into it. My Profession Master said it was a 'Warp Gate' before we activated it with a power crystal. I ran into it when the door upstairs was kicked down because my master told me to so I was not harmed by the intruder. He would reactivate it to get me back."
"You're telling me you went through a portal?" She seemed surprised.
"If that's what a warp gate is, then yes."
"That would explain a lot then. I'm surprised that you were able to make a portal, feats such as this haven't been done since the creation of Pangea. Do you remember any of the runes on the gate?"
"No, I actually didn't help in the building of the portal."
The other boy asked the Ursin a question in the strange tongue. She then asked him it in a translated version. Did your master know where he was sending you?"
"No, it was just a test."
She turned back to the boy and gave him the answer. He shook his head after hearing it and walked away. "Well, I guess we'll wait here for him to reactivate if he does, but only til nightfall. After that you can stay, but me and Avio will go towards town. There are strange happenings in this forest at night that one doesn't want to get caught up in." She paused a second and then jumped a little. "I almost forgot, what is your name? Mine is Tsaria and as I said before, my human associate is Avio."
"I am Jeets. I must ask, what langauge are you speaking with Avio?"
"We call it common, but you may call it Pangean since you're not from here."
"Then if I from somewhere you have never been to, then how can you speak to me?"
"I am a shaman, I can see your spirit and read it and then my spirit can help me change to be more connected with you. So in short, I am using magic to speak your language."
"Ah... So, spirits are real?"
"Absolutely, they affect our everyday life."
"Back on my world, our spirits are a philosophy, a belief."
"Well they may be less powerful and obvious on your world, but they are still there."

The two then heard shoots from Avio. Jeets asked her what they meant. She responded, "Bandits! Bandits!" They both got up quickly and Jeets tried to pick up the sack that he was sitting on, but Tsaria told him to leave it. The ran through the trees. Jeets just realized how large Tsaria really was, she was more than a three quaters of a foot taller than him. As they were running, Avio caught up with them and was running at least twice their speed...

No comments:

Post a Comment